If you’ve seen a bluish, greenish black stain on your walls or ceiling, then it’s very likely that you have mold. The discovery of mold generally sends panic into the hearts of homeowners everywhere. After all, mold remediation can be costly and you don’t always see the extent of the damage right away. If left untreated for too long, mold can wreak havoc with your property and even affect your health. South Florida’s humid weather conditions provide the perfect breeding ground for mold spores to grow. If you think you have a mold issue, then you’re definitely going to want a professional to treat it and eliminate it right away. Tri-County All Restorations in Oakland Park is the company to call for all your mold remediation needs. Our award-winning company employs skilled technicians who are trained to handle your mold problems quickly and efficiently.
What Can I Do to Prevent Mold from Growing?
While best left to the professionals who have the experience and knowledge to treat it, mold can be controlled, if not wiped out completely by following some of these common-sense tips:
- If you can see it on your walls or air conditioning vents, try cleaning it with a bleach solution of 1 cup of laundry bleach with 1 gallon of water. Always wear rubber gloves.
- Try to reduce the humidity since mold breeds in humid conditions. You can buy a dehumidifier and use exhaust fans whenever you are cooking or running the dishwasher.
- Keep your air conditioners well –maintained with a service maintenance plan. Install a UV light in your unit to kill mold and bacteria.
- Clean and maintain roof gutters.
- Address any leaks or plumbing issues right away.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Best bet–Call the professionals at Tri-County All Restoration to clean up your mold today!
Can Mold Affect My Health?
It’s important to get rid of mold right away because sometimes it can pose health risks. Those of us that suffer from allergies have been known to be especially sensitive to mold. Inhaling or touching mold spores can cause allergic reactions that include sneezing, runny nose, red eyes and skin rashes. Mold can also irritate your respiratory system. Children who have immature immune systems can be adversely affected by mold. The best thing to do if you suspect you have mold in your home or business, and especially if you’ve had a recent leak, is to call the experts technicians at Tri-County. We will come out to your home and assess the situation immediately. It might not be as extensive as you think! But in any case, you’ll want to move on it and not let mold cause any more damage to your property or to your health. We are here 24/7 and even work on holidays! We won’t rest until your mold problem is completely gone. We will even work with your insurance company on your behalf. Because mold remediation can be costly, its best to document everything and call our mold remediation specialists in Oakland Park right away at (954) 444-6433. We can help you tackle that nasty mold problem today!